- Reviewed by MacWorld 2014 "Mac Gem" and TUAW ! Read more: mymixapps.com -
FilePane is a lightweight, versatile multi-tool for quick file management.
How it works:
- Just start dragging File(s), Text or Image across the screen to see FilePane "drop" panel. Now drop the item on it.
The app detects file's type and shows quick actions associated with the item you've just dropped, like:
- resize, crop, rotate images,
- set Desktop picture,
- show file size,
- copy file’s path to clipboard,
- convert Text Documents to PDF,
- moving, copying and sharing Files, Images and Text via AirDrop, Twitter/Facebook,
- create Tweets Facebook posts, e-mails on the fly,
- save,resize, share images and text form Safari and other apps,
- quick zip,
- showing glyph and words count in the text,
By default, FilePane is triggered on Drag Drop, but you can change this for a Hotkey in preferences.
FilePane is not bound to Finder only, but works with other apps like Safari, Mail clients and text editors…
Examples of use:
- you can easily drag an image from Safari and share, resize, and save it on the fly…
- drag some text from any app and save it to an RTF, TXT, or start a new email with it, or tweet, post it on Facebook (it’ll allow you to edit it before posting, of course)...
- share image on Twitter and Facebook, resize or zip it..
- create a PDF file from a text document.. (TXT,RTF,RTFD, MSWord or Excel documents);
- share files on AirDrop with ease...
and many more...